Are you up to the Conejo Open Space Challenge?
The Conejo Open Space Foundation is challenging mountain bikers, hikers, trail runners and equestrians of all ages to experience 14 of the best and most beautiful multi-use trails in the Conejo Open Space. This is a “virtual” event powered by Strava.com, where you will use a compatible GPS device (or Strava app for iPhone & Android), and upload the data to Strava as you compete with others to complete all of the event’s trail segments.
The goal is to create a unique fundraiser event to benefit the Conejo Open Space Conservation Agency (COSCA) on open space property that involves all trail users from people completely unfamiliar with the trails to long time veterans. COSCA is the organization entrusted with the responsibility of preserving, protecting and managing open space resources in the Conejo Valley, and manages and maintains all of the trails featured in this event. For more information about COSCA visit: www.conejo-openspace.org. Please consider supporting COSCA by making a tax deductible donation to the Conejo Open Space Foundation www.cosf.org/website/html/support.html and by participating in one of their many volunteer opportunities available throughout the year.
And please remember…
1. This is not a race. This is a challenge to complete all of the segments during the specified time.
2. Please follow all open space rules posted at trailheads.
3. When uploading GPS data participants must select “ride” as the activity type to count toward the event.
4. Please do not ride/hike when the trails are muddy as it damages the trails.
5. The first 6 people to complete all segments win a 1 year Strava Premium Subscription! These will be divided up by activity type, 2 for mountain bikers, 2 for people on foot hiking or trail running, and 2 for equestrians. Other prizes donated by our sponsors include a free pair of shoes at RRS (up to $120), Boney Mtn Coffee gift cards, Ergon bike grips, water bottles and more! Participants who complete all the segments by Jan 31 will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win the prizes.
The trail segments that make up the Challenge are:
1. Mesa Tr (Wildwood)
2. Shooting Star Tr (Wildwood)
3. Santa Rosa Tr (Wildwood)
4. Lizard Rock Tr (Wildwood)
5. Los Padres Tr (Los Padres)
6. Space Mountain (Los Robles)
7. Rosewood Tr (Los Robles)
8. Trifuno Canyon Tr (Los Robles)
9. Potrero Ridge Tr (Potrero Ridge)
10. Vista Del Mar Trail (Dos Vientos)
11. El Cerro Trail (Dos Vientos)
12. Alapay Tr (Lang Ranch)
13. Woodridge Loop (Lang Ranch)
14. Arroyo Conejo Tr (Arroyo Conejo)
You can see the complete details on the Challenge and the segments at the Conejo Open Space Challenge event on Strava.com.